- Public Docs and Forms
- Agendas and Minutes
- Community Links
- Job Openings and RFP's
Economic Development Staff:
Matthew Klebes, Assistant to City Manager
The Dalles Economic Development Division helps private developers, business and property owners primarily through two programs, Urban Renewal Property Rehabilitation and Enterprise Zone Tax Abatement. In addition, we promote commercial development of large commercial projects through identification of other incentive programs and negotiations on behalf of The City and Columbia Gateway Urban Renewal Agency where appropriate.
We serve as a resource connecting other stakeholders and to help streamline the process. We can also identify other tax incentives and development cost reduction incentives.
More Information follow the links below:
Business Siting Guide - Link to Planning Page
2017 Community Enhancement Project Priority List
Wasco County Economic Development Commission prioritized the 32 new or ongoing projects submitted by 15 entities in 2017 into the list below. The Economic Development Commission ranks the top 10 projects and includes the others in the list un-ranked. This list was acknowledged by the Wasco County Board of Commissioners at their February 15, 2017 meeting.
1. City of Mosier and Mosier Fire District - Joint Fire Hall/City Hall Development
2. City of The Dalles- Dog River Pipeline
3. Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District- Mosier Well Repair
4. City of The Dalles- Urban Growth Boundary Expansion
5. Mid-Columbia Medical Center - Hospital Expansion
6. South Wasco Park & Recreation District- Pine Hollow Boat Ramp Restoration
7. Deschutes Rim Clinic Foundation- Clinic Expansion Feasibility Study and District Strategic Plan
8. City of Maupin/South Wasco County Library -South Wasco County Library and Civic Center
9. Wamic Water and Sanitary Authority - Water System Update and Reservoir Replacement
10. City of Mosier - Water System Projects: Well # 5 Development and Eastide System Upgrades
The City of The Dalles, Oregon, is situated in the north-central part of the state on the Columbia River, the nation's second largest river. It is the county seat and the largest community in Wasco County. The Dalles is one of Oregon's most historical cities and was known earlier in its history as the town at the end of the Oregon Trail. The city was first incorporated by the Oregon Territorial Government in 1857 as “Dalles City” and was made the county seat shortly thereafter.
For disability access issues with this site, please write us, call x1119, or email and we will provide alternative resources.
The Dalles City Hall
313 Court Street
The Dalles, Oregon 97058
P: (541) 296-5481